Hi,

On 28 August 2015 at 16:55, Bob Paauwe <bob.j.paa...@intel.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:19:04 +0100
> Daniel Stone <dan...@fooishbar.org> wrote:
>> For both this and the previous patch, cf. the corresponding patch for
>> HSW/BDW[0], have you ensured these values are sanitised at startup,
>> even if UEFI hasn't set something clever? Enabling fastboot on my
>> (UEFI-based) BDW caused a black screen because were enabling CSC but
>> with an empty table.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
>> [0]:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/intel-gfx@lists.freedesktop.org/msg67294.html
>
> Hmm, no I didn't.  I assumed that it was all set up correctly since for
> SKL+ the primary plane always has PIPE_CSC enabled.

So does HSW/BDW. ;) The problem is that a CSC is only applied in the
modeset path; when using 'fastboot' to skip the original modeset (i.e.
to achieve flicker-free and quicker boot), the plane configuration
applies CSC/gamma, but the tables are only applied on modeset. So you
may end up with an invalid configuration (and blank screen), without a
similar patch.

> My two patches are
> just to ensure that both the cursor and sprite planes also have it
> enabled.  If all the planes are configured the same, it causes a lot of
> CRC failures in the igt tests.
>
> Unless I'm missing something (very possible), the pipe CSC setup/lack of
> setup is a separate issue.

Yeah, it is. But it'd be good to make sure Maarten's patch gets dragged in too.

> Looking at Maarten's patch, it looks like mine above should have been
> written as
>
>   if (HAS_DDI(dev))
>
> instead of all the separate conditions.

Yeah, indeed. I'd misread the HAS_DDI bit myself, so it seems fine.
Are you able to test Maarten's patch to always program the CSC tables
and make sure it doesn't break SKL/BXT?

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Daniel