Dear Jesse,

Am 17.06.24 um 23:19 schrieb Jesse Brandeburg:
On 6/17/2024 1:29 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:

Am 17.06.24 um 21:07 schrieb Jesse Brandeburg:
Since Jesse has moved to a new role, replace him with a new maintainer
to work with Tony on representing Intel networking drivers in the
kernel.

Maybe add the names to the summary/title:

MAINTAINERS: Intel Ethernet: Replace Jesse Brandeburg by Przemek Kitszel

Thanks for the feedback Paul! I am more comfortable with the "summary
subject" style instead of the "detailed subject" style. I also looked at
a bunch of changes to the MAINTAINERS file, and there isn't much
precedent for putting names in the subject (there are some examples but
not many)

Do you have specific guidance you can point me at that I may not be
aware of?

There is no guidance, just my frustration looking through `git log --oneline` and always having to copy the hash and do `git show …` for such a commit to find out what “update” means.

[…]

Kind regards,

Paul