On Tuesday 01 November 2005 08:38 am, Jerry Decker - KN wrote:
> Hola Folks!
>
> Found this quite fascinating, especially its relationship to Otis Carrs'
> flying machine and his 'Utron' power source.
>
> He says by tapping the gyro motion of the earth, it would slow the
> earths rotation over 100,000 years by 30% to stretch it out to a 34 hour
> day...surely we'd find many other sources of power long before that
> happens.
>
> 11/01/05 - Gyroscopic Earth Power Generation

EDN on Analog
The e-letter for Electronics Professionals in Analog Design
http://email.ednmag.com/cgi-bin2/DM/y/eoAI0Ejge60Gcq0CYWi0EO
Read this online at:
http://email.ednmag.com/cgi-bin2/DM/y/eoAI0Ejge60Gcq0CcgX0EX
November 1, 2005

4. Does anybody really know what time it is?

Beyond the broad question of the meaning of time, a new problem with
its definition is facing the scientific community. Atomic clocks at
the NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) specify the
legal and technical standard for the second. Yet, every few years,
scientists must "correct" this definition because a second is also a
fraction of the time it takes for the earth to rotate once on its
axis. Because we can so precisely measure time and the Earth's
position, we know that this rotation is slowing down due to the
influence of the moon, global displacements, and other factors.
http://email.ednmag.com/cgi-bin2/DM/y/eoAI0Ejge60Gcq0Ccga0Eg&rid=1353869730

** If you found this FREE newsletter valuable,
please email it to a colleague!

To activate a new FREE email subscription, visit:
http://email.ednmag.com/cgi-bin2/DM/y/eoAI0Ejge60Gcq0CLIv0EA

To request your FREE magazine subscription to EDN:
http://email.ednmag.com/cgi-bin2/DM/y/eoAI0Ejge60Gcq0CK8Z0EO

Copyright 2005 Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier
Inc.  All rights reserved.