I asked a steam engineer friend and he said you could use a purpose built steam
nozzle like they use in industry for the injectors.

Also, without looking it up he said he was fairly certain that the increase in
volume when the water flashed was something like 22,000 times not the 2000
something that was mentioned.

I have a file where one person mentioned using stainless steel rings and I
believe he said rods that apparently can be purchased at speed shops. I am
skeptical though, because I had a problem with water in the oil in the pan once
and I can't see how you would solve the problem of water eventually
contaminating your oil due to blow-by. The oil becomes sticky when water and
heat are introduced and will blow your motor real quick.

In industry when corrosion protection is needed they normally coat with nickel
and the process for that is inexpensive.