Hey guys. I'm having a lot of trouble compiling Qt5. Whether I try the packaged
qt-windows-opensource-5.0.0-beta1-x86-offline.exe source, or compiling from
git, I can never get a complete compile to finish, and they don't necessarily
fail at the same spot between the packaged beta and git.

For example, I kicked off a compile from git source last night using the steps
from http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building_Qt_5_from_Git

Pulled git with from git://gitorious.org/qt/qt5.git
open msvc2010 command prompt
perl init-repository in the qt5 folder(it downloads a bunch more stuff)
configure -developer-build -opensource -nomake examples -nomake tests
nmake
Easy enough. It builds for quite some time, but eventually it fails. Here's the
relevant part of the compile that failed, generally during linking.

link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /INCREMENTAL:NO /DLL /MANIFEST
/MANIFESTFILE:Z:\Qt5.0\qt5\qtbase\imports\QtLocation\declarative_location.dll.embed.m
anifest /OUT:Z:\Qt5.0\qt5\qtbase\imports\QtLocation\declarative_location.dll
@C:\Users\drevil\AppData\Local\Temp\nm3322.tmp
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'poly2tri.lib'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x49d'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

There is actually a poly2tri library under
Z:\Qt5.0\qt5\qtlocation\src\3rdparty\poly2tri\debug\poly2tri.lib
but curiously not one under the release folder, which might be the problem.
Does poly2tri.lib not get a release build made for it? There doesn't appear to
be any failures before this, and the mail files appear fine in what folder they
should output too. I'm not quite sure where to look if only 1 build config
builds for a particular project.

I'll kick of another build and follow up with where that fails, because iirc
it's not in the same spot.

As an aside, I'm trying to build myself because the pre-built beta binaries
appear to be missing a bunch of plugins, such as the multimedia plugins that
enable some of the more interesting multimedia functionality such as camera and
video widgets and such.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy