> Why is the qmake step generating makefiles for all the example and
> test projects?  I specified -nomake examples and -nomake tests.  I
> wouldn't mind wasting a *little* time but this is turning into a lot
> more than a little.  There are a lot of test projects.

It seems somehow you messed up your setup :( Let's start from scratch:
 - download the .zip file for Windows
 - run e.g. configure -desktop opengl -nomake examples -nomake tests from top
level directory (not inside qtbase!)

Neither should you need to build configure.exe nor qmake.exe from hand, nor
should examples or tests be built (except if you run qmake from hand, which you
don't have to either).

Regards

Kai