On May 29, 2013, at 9:33 PM, Rutledge Shawn <shawn.rutle...@digia.com> wrote:

> Den 29 May 2013 kl. 8:01 PM skrev Israel Brewster:
>> Well, after some effort and tweaking, I managed to get the QPrinter based
>> approach working under Qt 5.1 - actually with code almost identical to my
>> original code. I had to make the content narrower to fit on the page, since
>> the setPageMargins command is (apparently) being ignored, resulting in a
>> HUGE left margin that cut off the right side of my content.
>
> I haven't kept track of the printing bugs very well, but if it seems like a
> new issue to you, please write up a new one.

Did that. Looks like you were able to confirm it on linux and 10.7, which makes
me feel better about reporting it. I'm always unsure if what I find is really a
bug, or just me doing something stupid - thus my posting here first :-).

>> The QPDFWriter approach still misbehaves as it did in 5.0.x (I'll see if I
>> can whip up a simple example app demonstrating that). Of course, 5.1 is
>> currently unusable for me, not only because it is still beta, but because
>> menus appear to be having issues - my quit and preferences functions are not
>> properly merged into the application menu, and keyboard shortcuts in the
>> menu are ignored when the cursor is in a text field. But that's a whole
>> different issue.
>
> Another bug has been written about that, and should be fixed before 5.1 RC1.
>
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-31378

Thanks for the link. Yeah, I saw that when I went to post  my menu bug, and
figured it was probably the same thing.

Thanks for your time and response!

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Era Alaska
5245 Airport Industrial Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 450-7250 x7293

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:Brewster;Israel;;;
FN:Israel Brewster
ORG:Frontier Flying Service;MIS
TITLE:PC Support Tech II
EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=WORK;type=pref:isr...@frontierflying.com
TEL;type=WORK;type=pref:907-450-7293
item1.ADR;type=WORK;type=pref:;;5245 Airport Industrial Wy;Fairbanks;AK;99701;
item1.X-ABADR:us
CATEGORIES:General
X-ABUID:36305438-95EA-4410-91AB-45D16CABCDDC\:ABPerson
END:VCARD