HTTP 1.1 supports persistent connection by default, so I want to send my a
second http request using the same connection that was setup when the first
HTTP request was made. how can this be achieved through Qt?

If I simply make the second request after the first one finished like the
following
QNetworkAccessManager *manager = new QNetworkAccessManager(this);
connect(manager, SIGNAL(finished(QNetworkReply*)),         this,
SLOT(replyFinished(QNetworkReply*)));
manager->get(QNetworkRequest(QUrl("http://qt-project.org";)));
it seems a new TCP connection to the server will be initiated (I have checked
with a network sniffer) The experiment also says: If the reply is deleteLater()
or abort() within finished() signal, the connection will be closed.