Am 04.12.2013 05:58, schrieb Thiago Macieira:
On terça-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2013 19:51:44, Bob Hood wrote:
[...]
However, the plug-in shared libraries don't seem to be adhering to this
redirection mechanism.  If I deploy to a "clean" installation of my Linux
distribution, the shared libraries have changed their linkages to the Qt
version found in /usr/lib64 (which, in this case, is 4.6.2) instead of using
those in the folder with them.  I discovered using the ldd tool.

Is there a post-build action I need to perform to "fix" these linkages, like
the "install_name_tool" utility under OS X?  If not, how do I get these
plug-ins to use the Qt deployed with them?

Post-build? No.

Add an -rpath $ORIGIN [...]

What we did in addition for our software is to add these options to the Qt configure:

  -buildkey namexyz -no-rpath -R $ORIGIN

This was used to prevent 'our' QtCore4.so (?) from loading system-installed plugins that in turn tried to use a different version of the Qt shared objects.

Thiago, please comment on this if it happens to be complete nonsense... :-)

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Rainer Wiesenfarth

--
Software Engineer | Trimble Imaging Division
Rotebühlstraße 81 | 70178 Stuttgart | Germany

Trimble Germany GmbH, Am Prime Parc 11, 65479 Raunheim
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Darmstadt unter HRB 83893,
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Heimberg, Hans-Jürgen Gebauer