On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:36 PM, Till Oliver Knoll
<till.oliver.kn...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 22.07.2015 um 08:43 schrieb Robert Iakobashvili <corobe...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:16 AM, Hamish Moffatt
>> <ham...@risingsoftware.com> wrote:

>>> You need to add two keys to your Info.plist:
>>>
>>> a boolean key NSHighResolutionCapable with value TRUE;
>>> a string key NSPrincipalClass with value NSApplication.
>>>

>>> Hamish
>>
>> Dear Hamish,
>> I'll try it.
>
> Besides, you don't necessarily need Retina capable hardware: the "Quartz
> Debug Extensions" ((?) check optional developer downloads, either in Xcode
> or, more likely, on Apple's developer homepage) allow you to run your desktop
> in "Retina mode" to test your application.
>
> Off course on a non-Retina display everything appears 2 times as big (and you
> effectively loose "desktop space" by the corresponding factor), but like this
> it is possible to visually "debug" your @2x resources and easily spot pixmaps
> with low resolutions etc.

One more way to add HiDPI display emulation on a non-Retina is to use:

1. Add HiDPI via command line in Terminal:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver
DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES

2. Logout and login back;
3. In System Preferences -> Displays in Resolution choose radio button
Scaled and there select an HiDPI display.

Quartz provides more debugging and information options, though, not
just a HiDPI display defined.

Thanks to all people

Regards,
Robert