Op 3-11-2015 om 16:12 schreef Edward Sutton:
I know I can use native iOS UI by mixing Objective-C++ and C++ in the same *.mm
file.

I have done a little Android JNI.  Are there any examples for interfacing to
Android native UI elements?

I need to create a UI picker for manually entering GPS latitude and longitude
in degrees,  or degrees, minutes, seconds for a widgets app.  I expect it will
be hard to make a touch usable widget UI picker.  Developing a native interface
may take similar amount of time but result will be much superior.

Thank you for your advice,

There was a talk at the Qt Contributors Summit in Oslo this year on this topic. I found it an interesting approch.

Have a look: https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_contributors_summit_2015_Program#NativeQML_-_Wrapping_native_UI_controls_in_QML

André