Jason, could you, or someone else elaborate on what this means? I am now seeing, in Qt 5.5, the QMediaRecorder class (not in Qt4) ... http://doc.qt.io/qt-5.5/qmediarecorder.html ... Use of this for recording video seems to need us to set the "codec" /by name,/ somehow found on the system, I guess. (Our desktop application is now strictly on Windows, using Qt widgets).

Is the "codec" issue what you are referring to when you say /"your platform must support it."/ What is this about, and is this something we will be able to distribute and deploy with our Qt application? How can one get a view of the supported video codec's on a machine? Where do they come from? Are there non-default Qt build configuration switches required to enable video file creation functionality? (If I'm understanding correctly). And more fundamentally, is QMediaRecorder what you are looking at when you say, /"of course"?/

That's a lot of questions. Thank, you, anyone, in advance, for helping me understand this.
- Phil