I am trying to work with and understand the Qt3D geometry and mesh system.

Based on Paul's answer to my earlier question I thought I'd start with
something simple: a cylinder without the end caps (QCylinderMesh always
includes them).

I started by taking the QCylinderGeometry/QCylinderMesh code and making it
build outside of the Qt5 build system.  Next I removed the code for adding
the caps (called discs in the code).

The cylinder looks good, but there seems to be an extra vert at (0.0, 0.0,
0.0) and faces created between it and the top ring.  I can't for the life
of me figure out where the extra vert is coming from or where those faces
are created.

I put some example code and a couple of images here:

   https://github.com/asmaloney/Qt3D-mesh-problem

I am using the latest Qt 5.6 git from 22 Jan (SHA
1fcdb6cafcf7621fdea84e28a95934a4a04ea1b7) which uses Qt3D from 21 Jan (SHA
44c743c90cf51eddbf5b0bb3cf957c58fa0ef94f).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or suggestions on how to figure it out?

Thank you for any help/suggestions!

- Andy