Is this going to require that we build our own ICU so that QString is unicode ready?

Thanks,

md

On 1/25/2016 1:24 AM, Koehne Kai wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Interest [mailto:interest-boun...@qt-project.org] On Behalf Of Elvis
Stansvik
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:30 PM
To: rpzrpz...@gmail.com
Cc: interest@qt-project.org Interest <interest@qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Interest] Minimal MSVC-built ICU DLLs available for download

<rpzrpz...@gmail.com>:
Elvis:

If you are feeling generous, would you attach the MSVC 2013
project/files (SLN).

People will want to build the ICU DLL's for MSVC 2015, but could use a
jump start using your MSVC 2013 project.
Hi again,

I did some experiments just now, trying to build ICU with 2015, but got
linker errors.

It also seems that ICU has other problems when building with 2015 (e.g.
http://bugs.icu-project.org/trac/ticket/11798).

Also, I think (though I'm not sure) that from Qt 5.6, the official Qt builds
with default to -no-icu, and since the DLLs I built were primarily meant to be
used with the official Qt builds, I think I'll hold off on building with 2015
for
now, since I'd have to patch ICU to do so.
True. For Qt 5.6, ICU libs will be dropped from the official packages
completely.

(In case that was missed: in the official Qt 5.5 binaries already  _only_
Qt5WebKit
links against ICU libs. Qt5Base does not link against it).

Regards

Kai