> Notice the -no-compress option too this can save runtime CPu costs involved
> with decompressing the data especially for already compressed formats such as
> most video codecs.
>
> Then in your c++ source add:
>
> QResource::registerResource("mybigmedia.qrb");
>
> and use it just like any other resource. Just remember to deploy the qrb file
> with your app.

Thanks, that seems to have fixed my compile time, but the call to
registerResource fails.
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
        QGuiApplication app(argc, argv);
        qDebug() << "registerResource" <<
QResource::registerResource("media.qrb"); // FALSE

        QQmlApplicationEngine engine;
        engine.load(QUrl(QStringLiteral("qrc:/main.qml")));

        return app.exec();
}

However the build directory contains: media.qrb (100mb)
However when the app is launched it is that build dir plus
"VideoPlayerHIV.app/Contents/MacOS"

How can I set this up in a platform independent way? (Develop on OSX, deploy to
iOS/Android)