>> But this will only allow me to redefine properties, and add new child
>> items. How would I then be able to define both which content goes in
>> the main area (the content Rectangle in the "base" item) and in the
>> two navigation bars (topBar and bottomBar Rectangles)?
>>
>> It seems QML is not really meant to be used this way, and I'd have to
>> essentially redefine these things in each of my screens, even if
>> they'll all have the same general structure? There's no "template"
>> mechanism so to speak?
>
> You can use Page from Qt Quick Controls 2:
> http://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt5-5.6/qml-qt-labs-controls-page.html
> It has header and foote properties and can be used as a skeleton of
> your pages and you can place this pages into StackView then.
> Note however, that Qt Quick Controls 1 and 2 is a different modules.

Just a couple of questions regarding this:

* We are planning on basing the product on Ubuntu 15.10 (wily), so Qt
5.4.2. We may be able to stretch this to 16.04, when released, which
would give us 5.5.1. Are Qt Quick Controls 2 usable with either of
these versions, or is it 5.6+ only?

* Can Qt Quick Controls 1 and 2 be used together? I mean, can I mix
components coming from both?

Elvis