On 10/4/2016 8:03 AM, Jason H wrote:
I think the bigger issue, that many people have expressed here, but not said as
such, is the Qt release cycle is not Agile. As more teams adopt Agile
development practices...

http://www.linkedin.com/pulse/agile-dead-matthew-kern

Like Spiral from whence it sprung, I think Agile works wonderfully in certain project profiles. However, not everybody drinks the all-Agile-all-the-time Kool-Aid®. Contrary to popular religion, Agile is not the savior of the industry. It's another tool in the toolbox, not a replacement for all the other tools, and savvy project managers still apply the development methodology (Spiral, Agile, Waterfall, etc.) or hybrid -- e.g., Waterfall mixed with Agile elements -- that makes the most sense for the success of a project. Just applying full Agile without considering the characteristics of the project and its intended result is absolutely not a guarantee of success.

(No intention to hijack the thread.)