I created widget with animated SVG for my projects. It starts after loading if
signal svg->repaintNeeded() is connected to update() of my widget. To stop and
restart it I found a hack - disconnect this signal and reload SVG image. In
Windows and Linux this stops animation. Stupid but working. But now I use this
widget for project on Andriod (using QML is not the way, QML is too weak and
lame for me). But I cannot stop SVG animation on Android. It runs always. It
does not depend from any connections, framerate, reloading, so on. Of course I
can use another hack - to stop animation I can load non-animated image and to
start I can load animated again.

BUT... This looks too much "micro$oftish" and stupid. NOT A Qt WAY. And with
this hack animation won't stop in it's "current" position - it will always
start from beginning. I do not need this.

Of course I could patch Qt code and rewrite QSvgRenderer class. I could add
start() and stop() functions to control internal d->timer - it emits ticks for
animation frames. BUT WHY THIS WAS  NOT DONE BEFORE??? :-(((

--
Serge K