On 03/10/2017 03:31 AM, Krzysztof Kawa wrote:
On quinta-feira, 9 de março de 2017 18:12:57 CET Sérgio Martins wrote:
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Thiago Macieira
1) is there a need for qmake to provide a way to select *exactly* C++11,
not a later, available version?

I wouldn't worry much about it, aren't C++11 and C++14 ABI compatible ?

Yes.

If there's some implementation where this is an issue then qmake
should provide an obscure way to workaround and not through CONFIG.

Right. I'm trying to figure out if I need to worry about this at all.

In other words, for people who already have in their .pro files:
         CONFIG += c++11

is it acceptable to enable C++14 instead?

This sounds like gotcha by design. What's c++11 gonna mean when
there's 11/14/17/20?
I'd say if the option is called c++11 it should enable c++11 and
nothing else (if compiler supports that).
If there's a need for "the latest" option just call it that, CONFIG += c++latest
If there's need for "at least" or at most" call it specifically, e.g.
CONFIG += min-c++11 max-c++17

I concur.