Thanks Sean.

One of the problems is likely that I'm using Qt3DWindow which calls
QSurfaceFormat::setDefaultFormat() in the constructor which I've already
called in main(). I'd missed this warning in my application's output
because I have a bunch of debug output:

Warning: Warning: Setting a new default format with a different version or
profile after the global shared context is created may cause issues with
context sharing. (qsurfaceformat.cpp:770, static void
QSurfaceFormat::setDefaultFormat(const QSurfaceFormat &))

The docs say that setDefaultFormat() needs to be called before the
QGuiApplication is constructed if Qt::AA_ShareOpenGLContexts is set.

So it seems like Qt3DWindow shouldn't be setting the default format? Or
documented that it's not usable with a shared context?

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>