> Am 08.05.2017 um 08:26 schrieb Till Oliver Knoll <till.oliver.kn...@gmail.com>
>
> This sums up my previous point pretty nicely:
>
> "Java exceptions ceased to be exceptional at all, they became commonplace.
> They are used from everything from the benign to the catastrophic,
> differentiating between the severity of exceptions falls to the caller of the
> function."

And this:

"For example in C++ you might throw an exception when you can’t convert from an
enum to its string equivalent, or in Java when parsing a date from a string. In
an internet connected world, where every input from a network must be
considered hostile, is the failure to parse a string into a date really
exceptional? Of course not."

[https://dave.cheney.net/2012/01/18/why-go-gets-exceptions-right]

Cheers,
  Oliver