> On Jul 1, 2017, at 10:14 AM, Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to build Qt from source (since my project relies on QtWebKit and
> there are no pre-built binaries for that - which is a shame).
>
> As always, building from source is a remarkably painful, time intensive and
> overall frustrating experience.
>
> In order to have the binaries that we ship run on a reasonably wide set of
> hardware, this is the configure line that I use:
>
> ../qt5/configure \
>       -release -opensource -confirm-license \
>       -skip qt3d -nomake examples -nomake tests \
>       --prefix=/Users/hohndel/Qt5.9.1 -sdk macosx10.10 -no-avx512 -no-avx2 \

Turns out that picking the sdk appears to be the cause for this problem. I blew
away my build tree and tried again without that and while the build is still
running it certainly made it past that point.

I still wish someone would just make binaries available that include QtWebKit
and ran on reasonably old OS/hw combinations...

/D