I've encountered the weirdness issue with my Qt 5.9.1 app.  When launched, it
seems to be fine until I check the memory usage with Task Manager, at which
point, the memory footprint slowly increases from ~100 MiB to a few gigs and my
computer shuts it down or crashes.  I do not see this behaviour in Linux
(Ubuntu: 14.04 or 16.06.)

My app is built with 5.9.1, and implements OpenGL following the "Scene Graph -
Rendering FBOs in a thread" (
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-scenegraph-textureinthread-example.html )
example.  To date I have not been able to narrow down the cause.  VDL (Visual
Leak Detector in Visual Studio) reports no leaks.  I've been trying to leverage
the debugging and profiling tools in QtCreator but haven't had any luck so far
(but that's probably due to my own inexperience with QtCreator.. I'm more
accustom to CMake, ninja, and vim +YCM/rtags rather than any IDE.)

In short, I can run the app for multiple days, then open Task Manager to watch
the memory, and see it start to rise until the app crashes.  Has anyone seen
this before, or have any hints to what it may be?

Thanks