Hi all,

I am trying to make a QLineEdit behave like a terminal in terms of auto completing file paths when hitting the tab key. I found this article <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9044001/qcompleter-and-tab-key> but it only gets me half way there. The tab key does work with this (slightly modified) code but it only selects the next matching word, when I need it to complete a match if possible and enter the next level.
Best to explain using an example I guess:
There is a file path like this:

/level1/level2/level3

Then I type "/le" and hit tab it auto-completes to "/level1", but it does not add the trailing slash requiring me to hit enter first, then start typing again.

If there are no other matches I need the tab key to auto-complete and enter the next directory.
Could somebody help me out please?

Cheers,
frank

--