> Hi, had a similar problem, couldn't find any other solution than using an
> event filter, but it turned out being not so bad, made a small class:
>
> In my MainWindow I have an instance of that class, and in MainWindows's
> ctor I initialize it:
>
> MouseFilter mf;
> mf.setWidget(ui->lineEdit);
> qApp->installEventFilter(&mf);

Thank you. I was going down this path as well, that I might have to do it as an
event filter installed somewhere up the hierarchy, instead of just being able
to do it within a custom class that inherits from QLineEdit. So far I haven't
found a way to do that.

And you're right, it's not so bad to do it via an event filter, but it's just
one
extra step I have to remember to do, every time I want to re-use this
custom line edit, either within this application, or in other applications.

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com