Hi all,

QTextDocument supports tab stops. For example QTextOption has setTabs() and so you can call QTextDocument::setDefaultTextOption() and also QTextBlockFormat has setTabPositions().

Obviously html doesn't support tabs and as multiple whitespaces are just ignored.

But is there any way for tabs to be inserted via QTextCursor::insertHtml() and/or QTextDocument::setHtml()?

There are features of QTextDocument that are hard to access without insertHtml, but this is one feature that as far as I can tell is only accessible via QTextCursor::insertText() and QTextDocument::setPlainText().

I've been able to mix/match insertHtml() and insertText() to split up my insertHtml() calls and insert tabs with insertText(). It sort of works (see below), but I'm checking if there is a better solution...

Thanks,

Josh

QStringList tabText = text.split("\t");
text="";
for(int i=0; i<tabText.size(); i++)
{
  myCursor->insertHtml(QString("<span
style='%2'>%1</span>").arg(tabText[i]).arg(effect));
  if(i<tabText.size()-1)
    myCursor->insertText("\t");
}