On 2021-03-22 11:48, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
On Montag, 22. März 2021 10:38:09 CET Roland Hughes wrote:
On 3/22/21 4:07 AM, Bernhard Lindner wrote:
Licensing FUD + death-of-perpetual-license + death-of-OpenSource-LTS +
Qt-6-rolling-out-incomplete + deleted-convenience-methods =
customers-leaving
I wonder if the loss of confidence in the current Qt owners can ever be
compensated.

Even if TQC took back their critical decisions, I can't imagine that
people would ever trust them again. This could cause fatal damage to Qt
in the long run if they don't sell it to someone more responsible.
Dude,

Comcast, TimeWarner, and all of those other set-top box vendors formed
an OpenSource project to create RDK so they could kick Qt to the curb.

That happened 5 years ago. Comcast was only using QtWebKit from Qt anyway.

'Allan

It was in late 2013 if this announcement could be viewed as the launch:
https://press.opera.com/2013/12/13/opera-launches-the-industrys-first-commercial-grade-chromium-blink-engine-designed-for-rdk-set-top-boxes/