On 4/2/21 5:00 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
I would expect Qt to query the version of X being used, say
multi-touch isn’t supported so the app cant support it. If my customer
complained that multi-touch works on the Windows, and CentOS 7 boxes, but not
CentOS 6.
The reasoning is clear, the default X for CentOS 6 doesn’t support it.
I could then point them to the newer X and say have your IT dept move
your CentOS to the X.Y.Z version of X (which they wont be able to do)
and it will work.
Well, that's your answer there: the feature you want isn't supported on the OS you have. So why is Qt any different?

Your argument is flawed.

The end customer replaced a run of the mill 1920 x whatever monitor with a $300 4K monitor. The video card, OS, and video driver fully supported resolution well above 1920 x whatever. The Qt HiDPI support was broken in the release Scott has. Between broken and less broken Scott's platform was dropped.

When Scott's company, paying QtC commercial customer, reached out for support they were basically told "sucks to be you!" Admittedly they told them what they had to upgrade which is the same thing as no support for Scott's customer base.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com