On 4/12/21 8:56 AM, interest-requ...@qt-project.org wrote:

>And who's "you" here? And how exactly did that sabotage a commercial contract between you and whoever entity gives you commercial support on RHEL6?

The "you" would be whoever participated in the decision to drop RHEL 6. That should be painfully obvious.

>It is. Triple stamped, no erasies, touch blue make it true.  LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA.

It is not. The 4K monitor worked on the unchanged system __before__ the Qt based software was installed. We know this because nothing was changed on the monitor still worked.

The Qt support for 4K was not good.

Still wondering why the moderators are sleeping,

**So am I. **

You hurl personal insults at me and try to call them sarcasm. I pointed out the difference between your response and Software Engineering and that someone knowing the difference wouldn't have made such a statement. Every time someone points out what you say is not correct you call it a personal insult. It's time for the moderators to do something about you. It's not just me you lash out at. ***You've been unchecked for far too long.***

> Not only changing a monitor is changing the environment, it's also something that may simplynot work out of the box.

No, it's not. It is no different than than changing out a keyboard that already has a driver on the platform.

In order to meet the definition of "changing the environment" you have to change the kernel, CPU, or the drivers. Had they changed out the video card, thus introducing shiny new drivers, __that__ would have been changing the environment.

Hooking up a 500-key keyboard that requires a new driver, __that__ would be changing the environment.

The 4K capability fully existed in the environment. It was not previously exercised. When it finally was exercised (in production no less) it pointed out HiDPI support in that version of Qt was no good.

Bundled in with the fixing of HiDPI, for whatever reason, was the dropping of RHEL 6. That sabotaged support for Scott.

At the time of release 4K monitors were far too expensive to be "a corporate standard." Now that they are $300 and falling, they will be the new corporate standard. 27 inch monitors were really expensive when they first came out. Now, if you shop around you can find off-lease 27 inch 1920xwhatever resolution monitors for around $80. As the price on them dropped they became corporate standards.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com