But git history will remember the fool that broke all the things :P

Anyway, a bunch of patches in the chain currently ending at

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/351595/3

in case anyone wants to give it a swing. MultiSelection is not changed yet, and
it looks like we might get away with a minimal change for ExtendedSelection.

There’s no intention to bring those changes to Qt 5.

Volker