On 2022-04-14 23:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
On Thursday, 14 April 2022 12:02:06 PDT Henry Skoglund wrote:
if I look at the debugger data and in the QThreadData * dump, I see that
the looplevel is 1 but if this is the GUI thread shouldn't it be 2
considering we've passed through the exec() call in QDialog? I mean
since a Qt GUI app usually starts with an exec() call which changes the
looplevel from 0 to 1 for the lifetime of the app.
Is that why you're suspecting the crash occurs becase we're still in the
worker thread?
Hello Henry

You can't trust that data dump. The very first pointer in it is suspicious:

- d 0x0000020000030600
That doesn't look like a valid pointer to me. However, I confess I don't know
for sure because that's a Windows pointer and I don't know the memory layout
on Windows as well as I do on Linux. Points in favour of it being valid are:
Indeed it looks weird (it's pointing into 2TB territory) but I believe it's just an effect of Microsoft's Control Flow Guard (tm) being active for that .exe.

Thanks for the analysis!