On Fri, Jun 24, 2022, at 11:34, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> Indeed, in QQmlEngine the global object is frozen. You cannot replace
> its properties. Apparently you can still add to it, though. But see
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtdeclarative/+/418536/1 for a
> possible solution.

Thanks a lot for this patch! Unfortunately I'm about to leave on holiday and
will have no time to test it out before I leave. I hope you can find somebody
else for review in the meantime.

> I would also like to know how you trigger the QQmlEngine warning signals
> and methods from pure JavaScript. Those methods could just as well be
> moved to QJSEngine if they make sense there. However, so far they're
> actually meant for QML warnings.

Right, normally when evaluating a script, any error can be caught and reported
however you wish, but this does not work when the script execution is trigger
through a signal connection. In this case, when using QJSEngine, errors are
always printed to the standard out, whereas the QQmlEngine allows reporting
these through its "warnings" signal.

Cheers,
Thorbjørn