On 2023-11-29 18:05, Turtle Creek Software wrote:
We deleted build folder, fiddled with settings, and deleted Qt completely a couple times with fresh installs of Qt 6.6.1 for MacOS.  None of that was successful.  The fresh installs had problems auto-detecting the correct kit.  Is that the root of the "no rule to make target" error?

Re-installing Qt 6.5.3 worked OK again.

All previous Qt updates from 5.15 onward went smoothly. 6.6.0 gave similar errors but we hoped that 6.6.1 would fix them, and just reverted to 6.5.3.

What has changed in kits/build process between 6.5.3 and 6.6.0?  Our setup is pretty vanilla.

Thanks, Casey McD

Hi, had similar problems with Qt 6.6.1 on my Mac, but after updating to Xcode 15.0.1 it was smooth sailing.