Hello Ludovic,

> I am trying to understand why this mib file can not be injected into my
> InterMapper.
>
> 12/04 09:42:07  dbug  Simpana.mib: Probe definition does not contain a valid
> <header> section.
> 12/04 09:42:07  dbug  VMWARE-ROOT-MIB.mib: Probe definition does not contain
> a valid <header> section.

I think the problem is that you are using File > Import > Probe rather than
File > Import > MIB .

Probe syntax is defined here
(http://download.intermapper.com/docs/DevGuide/#02-CustomProbes/customprobes.html).

MIB files are only definitions of the objects which are returned by polling
with SNMP, and not probe files themselves.

They can be used by probes to add human-readable names to the probe output or
to define variables without the trouble of using dotted-integer strings to
specify the object being queried by the probe.

best regards,
--
Mike Maki
InterMapper Technical Support