> well, since magic mode could be corrupted if we handly playing with the string, e.g.
> adding slash into string, i wrong here. the only problem was the reported bug thats
> now fixed on the cvs. this fix also addslashes no matter sybase or not but still
> exist delte between sybase and regular mode regrading the way quotes are
> manipulating.

i must put disclaimer here: this can break scripts that used asdslashes with magic
quotes off for sybase. on the other hand, leaving the code as it was, make the used of
magic quotes usless for some situations (e.g u have forum for programers and the
massages contains code with '\0') so this change may won't go into the PHP_4_3.

> regrading the WTF factor, sincs add\strip slash function main, if not only, target
> is database related, caution on the documentation is enough. otherwise, u may want
> complatly fork php_*_slashes into php_*_magic, thats olso contains the check if
> magic mode set on.

this can be comprehend solution. i'm +1 for it.