On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Stig Venaas wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 02:59:41AM -0400, Jon Parise wrote:
> > On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 06:26:43PM -0400, Nathaniel David Gallaher wrote:
> >
> > > Currently the call to ldap_bind only supports the method LDAP_AUTH_SIMPLE
> > > (as it is hardcoded in the php function definition).  Can we put the
> > > method parameter (as see in the call to ldap_bind_s) back into the PHP
> > > function?  I have an application that obtains x509 certs (securely) and I
> > > want to use them to bind to the LDAP server.
> >
> > I'll try and have a look at this soon.  I just need to find the time
> > to get my local LDAP server up and running again for testing.
>
> There are also things like SASL that should be supported. That should
> perhaps be done with a separate bind function though.
>
> It's great if you look into this, I have sort of had it on my todo list
> for a couple of years...
>
> Stig

I worked on this for a couple of weeks and got a function written (just
extracted the ldap_sasl_bind_s() and supporting bits from the ldapsearch
program supplied with openldap) but I had one heck of a time getting all
the neccessary libraries to work together. (I was using the GSI_GSSAPI
mechanism which requires its own set of libs that are a little "special"
and conflict with the normal libs)

If anyone finds an easy soln, let me know.
~Nathan