Hi,

I asked Andrei about this and he suggested that I pose this question to
you folks...

I'm trying to use php from the command line and the $argv array seems to
be squashing plus signs (+) in the content.

Example:

$> test.php -R '\w+\.gif' file.txt

A printout of $argv reveals:

Array(
  [0] => test.php
  [1] => -R
  [2] => \w
  [3] => \.gif
  ]4] => file.txt
)

I tried different escapement and quotes thinking that it was the shell
causing the problems, but nothing seems to help. Maybe the args are
expected to be URL encoded? I tried some values like %23, but those went
unchanged, only space is affected.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something? How do I pass a plus sign?

TIA
Monte