On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 22:17, Georg Richter wrote:

> Zak is already working on license problems, incompatibility and possible
> solutions. Wouldn't it be better to give him and MySQL AB a little bit more
> time?

That would be a good thing.  What I think should be clearly stated is
that it is a *very* *bad* *idea* to get a PHP-specific agreement with
MySQL.  In other words, getting an agreement that states that it is
legal to link the MySQL libraries into PHP but not into other software
in general.  This is a discriminatory license that should not be
accepted because it is contrary to the very principles of Open Source
and Free Software (since it would make derivate works of PHP unable to
use the MySQL extension).
--
Best regards,

Per Lundberg / Capio ApS