Actually isset() doesn't behave as it should:

    $foo = null;
    echo isset( $foo );

In the above it should return true, but doesn't because it considers
null to be not set. Thus it is flawed since I explicitly set it to null.
Understandably this is documented; however, the issue here is whether a
variable_exists() function should be added -- for which I am +1 for
adding it :)

Cheers,
Rob.

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 15:30, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
> On August 14, 2003 03:11 pm, walt boring wrote:
> > exactly why isset() is either
> > 1) a bad name for the function or
> > 2) 'broken'
>
> Wrong. isset() has a very proper name "is-set", which to me and other people
> says that it will see if a variable is set (has a value). It does this job
> admirably and it certainly not broken. Documentation specifies how this
> function will perform perfectly.
>
> Ilia
>

> --

| Worlds of Carnage - http://www.wocmud.org   |
| Come visit a world of myth and legend where |
| fantastical creatures come to life and the  |
| stuff of nightmares grasp for your soul.    |