yes.  PHP4 was only chosen because PHP5 (Zend Engine 2) was a moving
target, and after a day, our patch would be broken, or we'd constantly
have to remerge.  Nearly every optimization applys to Zend Engine 2,
with the exception of the optimizations that are already in Zend Engine
2 that is :)

-Sterling

--
We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree on when
it's necessary to compromise.