Hello l0t3k,

>> It's just one of my trivial ideas, that why don't us make it capable of
>> arbitrary casting operation rather than limiting it just for string casts?

> i agree here. this can be important for external integration e.g. Java and
> COM

A default __toString() doesn't hinder an extension that interoperates with
Java/COM or whatever external objects in anyway to handle their casting as
they like. In fact the interface approach would deliver the ability to hide
those internal differences so that the user can use the same interfaces for
all classes that provide such casting.

--
Best regards,
 Marcus                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]