On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

> FWIW, I've had good success using fink to install libxml2 and libxsl;
> however, in order to get a version of libxml2 high enough (2.5.10) to
> work with PHP, you need to build from the "unstable" tree.

Great, just what I want, yet another external dependency.  I fought
originally not to depend upon Fink for PHP, and don't really see this as
a solution.

I'd like to ask that before we continue to roll out RC's and further
Beta's that this issue gets solved.  It's not only frustrating as a
developer, it's also frustrating as an end user (to which my INBOX is a
nice testament towards).