On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 03:18:26PM +0100, Ivan Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for the code that generates the value of REMOTE_ADDR so that
> I want to make a code that gives the MAC address of the visitor and I am
> looking into http://lxr.php.net but I don´t found nothing, if some can
> help me ... :-)

Just to clearify where REMOTE_ADDR is ocmming from:

REMOTE_ADDR is part of the CGI-Spec and is provided by the Webserver which
handles the connection to the client.

something like:

  cfd = accept(fd, &(sockaddr), sockaddrlen);

  cgi_var("REMOTE_ADDR", inet_ntoa(sockaddr.in...));

But as it has been said by georg: there is no way to get MAC address of the
client, if the client isn't in the same physical network (where you could to
a ARP request)

> Iván Rodriguez Espada

  Jan

--