OK .. I'm a wobbler.

I think it would be cool to have the cleaner alternative syntax; I think I'd
use it *in some situations and not others*, and I think that that in itself
would make my code virtually unmaintainable by anyone else.

As Andi originally said, having more than one way to do things isn't always
a good thing.

Add me to the -1 list.  Even tho' it's a cool idea.

- Steph