On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:03:43 +0100 (CET)
Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > (<?
> > some

> > > I'm glad to hear, that it's not only my problem.
> > > But I wonder why it wasn't discovered before...
> >
> > What i more worried about:
> > Is'nt there a quality check about things commited to cvs?
> > It shoud not be possible to break things in such a fundamental way!!
>
> Oh shutup. It works just fine. You guys must be doing something wrong.

of course, there is such possibility.
but I have really no idea what can cause today's HEAD to eat memory and Friday's HEAD
to work fine at the same time.
autotools again?

BTW, I've already asked about this message:
----
buildconf: autoconf version 2.50 (ok)
buildconf: Your version of autoconf likely contains buggy cache code.
           Running cvsclean for you.
           To avoid this, install autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.5.
----
and nobody answered.
the problem: if I install autoconf-2.13, ./buildconf fails, because it *requires*
autoconf >= 2.50.

so, at this moment I don't know which version of autoconf should I use to build PHP
from sources in the right way,
but autoconf 2.50 worked fine till now (except this message).

---
WBR,
Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
[EMAIL PROTECTED]