On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 01:25:06AM -0500, Adam Bregenzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 18:02, Nathan Sullivan wrote:
> > A new MySQL extension named MySQLi for developers using MySQL 4.1 and
> > later. Additionally to a functional interface this new extension also
> > includes an object-oriented interface and support for many of MySQL's
> > new features such as prepared statements.
>
> Also, the second sentence sounds strange:
> Additionally to a functional interface this new extension also includes
> an object-oriented interface and support for many of MySQL's new
> features such as prepared statements.
>
> Perhaps:
> This new extension includes an object-oriented interface in addition to
> its functional interface; as well as support for many of MySQL's new
> features, such as prepared statements.
>
> -Adam

I don't like the term 'functional' there, as it's misleading...
Languages like lisp, haskell, ... are commonly referred to as functional
languages, where languages like C (and non-OO PHP) are referred to as
imperative or procedural. I think that should be rephrased... maybe
titled as 'traditional interface' or alike.

--
Regards,
Stefan Walk