I meant "A bad decision is better than no decision".

Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:32:13 +0200
To: "Wez Furlong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Andi Gutmans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] studlyCaps conclusion

I pretty much agree with Wez. A bad decision is worse than no decision :)
The way I see it, studlyCaps has been in the CODING_STANDARDS *and* precisely because people and PEAR use them for method names we should go with studlyCaps. It would suck to have user-land and internal methods look differently. Personally I think it makes sense to keep underscores for functions and I see no problem with them differing from methods as I usually use underscores for C code and studlyCaps for C++ code :)
We should go with studlyCaps according to CODING_STANDARDS for all extensions. If some extension writer refuses (such as George) then so be it and we leave it the way it is (although I would ask him to reconsider for the long term good of PHP).

Andi