On Apr 13, 2004, at 4:16 PM, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Marcus Boerger wrote:

Hello Marcus --

This brings us back to an old problem the severity levels are inconsistent.
And further more we decided some time back that E_ERRORs shouldn't be
converted to exceptions because of a few E_ERRORs that might not be
continuable. From my point of view we should do two things:
1) convert the non continuable E_ERRORs to a higher severity (if there are
any at all)

Is there a reason not to move non-continuable E_ERRORs to E_WARNINGs? This prevents us from adding another severity level and also allows us to make all E_ERRORs fatal in the process.

This is a huge bc break. Raising the severity on non-continuable errors and throwing exceptions for E_ERRORs produces no bc issues.

George