Scott Macvicar wrote:

Derick Rethans wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Andrew Sitnikov wrote:

I've got a patch (originally ported from old version GD) which adds
GIF write support to bundled libGD. Is there any chance to accept it
to core ? I've been testing it for quite long time with 4_3 and HEAD
and it works ok for me.

Nope, due to patent issues we can not add it.

regards,
Derick

The patent expires on June 18th of this year so just under a month and it can be added again.

http://www.unisys.com/about__unisys/lzw/

Regards,
Scott
Err..

Just saw the rest of the thread so I hope its going to be added again as of the last patent expiry, or could the patch possibly appear in the documentation until the last one expires?

Regards,
Scott