Sara Golemon wrote:
I hope that everyone will be happy with this. var_dump() is still BC

since

it does not print ":public" on public properties.

Fine with me. I'm not sure printing public is a bad idea. How many ppl actually use this in their application for purposes other than debugging?

I sure hope noone is, but worst case scenario (on protected/public) is that the variable name looks wrong to an application. Since they didn't have those to begin with it's not so-much taking anything away from them.

On the patch: +1

Already commited

As to printing :public on public props I'm -1 on that. There's no benefit from tacking on those extra characters and people are familiar with the current syntax. Besides, it's what print_r() has been doing for some time now so those that truly care have had an opporotunity to accomodate to that style.

I have included in the patch the :public behaviour but now some testcases fail (they don't expect ":public" and also some does not expect private/protected variables to be dumped).
So, what we decide, with :public or without it? I hope we can have a decision soon :)

Andrey